R2K

 
Benq T24IW 24 inch LCD
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Out with the old monitor...


In with the new...


The classic 21 inch P95Foxtrot Pro finally got damaged, by lightning. So I had to replace it with this 24 incher. I did not really want to spend $375 on a new monitor, but when I had to I decided to get a nice one. Takes some getting used to... it is huge. Running at 1900 x 1200. Retardo Montelbon.

Here are some images that show what can be done with the higher resolution.
First you can see two cnn windows side by side - almost full size. (With fairly large fonts etc).

Next google earth taking up my whole monitor desktop with central park. Can you see all of central park at 1250 feet? And notice off to the side is a smaller purple desktop (the background image), that is my tv virtual desktop. Yeah low rez right? One can drag things over there (videos mostly) to watch them on tv. Will wind up using that less and less because of the monitor size now.
posted by High Power Rocketry @ Wednesday, July 30, 2008  
5 Comments:
  • At 7/30/08, 7:39 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Sweet monitor. I went flat screen a few months ago and now am kicking myself for not getting a bigger one. They are $100 or more cheaper now.

    Now, what to do with our old fish tanks that are cluttering this office?

     
  • At 7/30/08, 8:22 PM, Blogger R2K said…

    Send them to me?

     
  • At 7/31/08, 2:25 AM, Blogger Arjan said…

    I had to get a flatscreen after my CRT broke down last year. But I went for a 17", cause the widescreens were still quite expensive then. I wonder how much it would cost to import that screen..cause that should save me some money with the current exchange rate ^^

     
  • At 7/31/08, 2:17 PM, Blogger R2K said…

    I dont know about importing, they dont have any monitors in your country?

     
  • At 7/31/08, 3:59 PM, Blogger Arjan said…

    of course they have..but we pay in €..and as you know..the exchange rate is very nice for importing stuff from the US at the moment.
    I think the monitor would cost me around 230€ in the US..far less than over here.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About R2K

Links
 
Archives
You found hidden text! __ __ __ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡ ???©??åß碧•?©ƒªºøˆ¨†¬???©ƒ?ßå??ç? ?˜µ<=>=÷æ…“‘«!=–ºª•¶§?¢£™¡
Π